Friday, October 31, 2008

Being a mum for the past twelve months

As I'm preparing for Javier's 1st birthday, I am also recalling the past 365 days.
This is a poem I want to dedicate to my son. I read it online.

Hey baby boy
You bring me joy
Every time I look at you
All the little things you do
I'm so glad God gave me you
I wake every morning just to look in your eyes
Every single morning I get a different surprise
I pray everyday that God blesses us both
But I pray even more that God blesses you most.
A Baby Poem by Tonya Y. Hiers from Family Friend Poems


Being a mom, to u, my son has been the most wonderful thing I have ever done.
I doubt there's anything more wonderful than this
for you are God's gift to me.

As a mom, I did so much, much more than I've ever done.
I've held ur hand and clean ur poo
At every opportunity I could

Ur precious smile, ur little kiss,
Ur little hand that touches my feet.
They touch my heart like none other.

In this world, in my eyes,
you will always be that little baby.
I will always be here to give support,
i promise you eternal love.
I'll be here when u call.

I pray to God that you will be
A cheerful boy with compassion
A worthy man with integrity
A faithful husband with loyalty
A proud father to enjoy all you've brought us.

Just don't ever forget that you are my child.

No comments: